Sunday, June 26, 2011

this one's for the girls

She takes the time out of her day to listen to me. No matter if it is good, bad, sad, or even something she has heard 100,000,000,0000 times, she will listen. She knows I need to vent. She knows I can't go by without telling someone everything. She doesn't have to, but she always does.


She isn't jealous or envious. We have grown to really just be happy for the way that the other person's life is going. I can tell her good news and instead of being like "Why you? Why not me?" She gets as excited as I am. But I get excited for her. Sure, we don't see eye to eye on certain things, but we are always genuinely happy for one another.


She constantly makes me a better person. She sets goals for herself; she never gives up. Her life isn't always perfect, but I admire the things she does to handle it. She reminds me of who I am. She helps me make decisions to be one step closer to God. 


She is comfortable in her own skin. I love that most about her. She is never changing herself to become something different than who she is. She knows herself, and she accepts herself. She doesn't try to be someone she is not. She is 100% herself.


She is just the best friend anyone could ask for. She is always there, no matter what. Although we live across the country, I have gone to her in times of struggles and loneliness and she has comforted me. She doesn't care if I call her about one bad thing that happened that day, or tell her the greatest news. I couldn't ask for a better blessing in my life. 










1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHH I LOVE YOU. You are my best friend. My VERY BEST friend. Thank you for everything. :)

    ReplyDelete