Wednesday, June 29, 2011

fear not, I am with thee.

 
"Keep going Utah, don't cry Utah! You are almost finished Utah!" 
 
Our lives are a marathon. Having the opportunity to run 2 half marathons I have felt the fear of not finishing. I understand the hills, the bumps, the long miles. But in life, we seem to forget, that there is a happy ending waiting for us--  finish line with people cheering and a glorious feeling of accomplishment and victory.  

It's hard to feel alone. To feel that you are on your own, with no support. It's hard to know that at the end of the day, I don't have anyone to go home and tell how it was. It's hard to feel that I am the only person that has values, morals or standards. I am not only alone physically, but emotionally, I feel that I am alone. 

But when I feel alone, I remember, "He lives to comfort me when faint, he lives to hear my soul's complaint! He lives to silence all my fears, he lives to wipe away my tears. He lives to calm my troubles heart. He lives all blessings to impart"
 
That's the thing. We are never alone. The Lord doesn't forget about us. The Lord is ever mindful of our challenges. He knows how we feel. He knows what we are going through.  "His hands stronger than nations, power without end. And yet, through them we find our truest friend"  So when you get to mile 20's of your marathon lives. (Or in my cases miles 5, 7, 10 depending on the day) Remember that. Our support, our strength, our purpose. Christ is there.
 
"Though hard to you, your journey may appear. . .  happy day! All is well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment