Tuesday, June 14, 2011

so this is love.

In my short life of 17 years, I have searched for what love is. Love is something that words cannot describe. It's something that I fear, it's something I don't understand. It's something that I personally believe that we will never fully comprehend on our life on earth. Everybody desires to be loved, everybody searches for it. It's one of the most basic principles to human life.

At some point in my life, I desire to be loved. The kind of love where every moment with someone is your new favorite moment. The kind of love where it's about the little things and not so much the little ones. It's the kind of love that I want to believe exists. The day I decided it was possible was when Brother Dykstra talked about his wife and kids. (You know, the day I cried in seminary? It was so tender, I shed some tears-- that's really saying something) It was that day that I decided, I am going to find that man. The man who is willing to work and to fight for me. The kind of man who strives to be the best he could be. The kind of man who will tell anyone about how much he loves me. But I realized, if I want to marry that kind of man, I need to become that kind of woman. Love is when two people always try to outdo the other person in kind acts. It's not finding someone you can live with, it's finding someone you can't live without. Love is caring more for the well being of another person, more than the well being of your own.  "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

One day, I want a man to look me into the eyes and say, "Mayson, I am in love with your existence"  Then, I will simply smile, (and hopefully take it well  . . .yeah) And know that he loves me. And know that I want to spend eternity with him. Is it so much to ask to be loved? Well, I still have a while to go, but hey, a girl can dream right? I am saying eventually, I think I will actually like this kind of stuff in real life. It's all cute in theory. (Do you like my emphasizing skills?) 

But, for now, I have found my definition of love--
"To love another person is to see the face of God" 
Thank you Les Miserables.


No comments:

Post a Comment