Saturday, June 11, 2011

maybe. in. the. future.

I guess being away from home and watching too many hours of TV makes me think. People. Why are they in our lives? Why were they? How long will they be there? Who will stay, and who will go?

They say life is just a short period of time, but then why do so many people have to come and go? Change is a hard thing. After being away from my home in Provo, I guess I have really thought abut who I truly care about and who I like but that I don't think will be around forever. It's hard to think that there are more people out there that will probably be my new best friends. The people in my future ward, possible college roommates, even my husband. Sure it's possible that I know these people now,
 but it's not likely.

Which scares me. Lately I have been thinking about him. Him as in whoever the heck my husband is. I have these expectations. Expectations isn't the word, it's more like fantasies. And it sucks because I am only 17. But I don't want to marry anyone anytime soon. I just want to know who he is, and what he is like and what his personality is like. I just want to know him. For one minute, I want to be That's So Raven, I want to see the future. But then I want to go back to the present, and forget what I saw. Is there a Harry Potter spell for that?

Oh man, am I the only one who thinks this way?

1 comment:

  1. Nope. You're definitely not. On the other hand, there might be a Harry Potter spell for that. :) Something along the lines of meet a seer+pensieve usage+obliviate. Hmmm. I'll work on that. ;)

    ReplyDelete