Sunday, June 12, 2011

there's something 'bout love

Love.  
My favorite word so far on the 50 week challenge. I have started and restarted trying to express my thoughts on love. I can't put it into words. Partly because I have no idea what it really is. Partly because I am more afraid of love than heights. It confuses me. So for today, my thinking will be done in pictures.


Simply said, I love my family. We are a crazy clan. But we stick together. That's saying something. Each person in my family means a lot to me. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Time and all eternity. That's how long we are stuck with each other. I think it will be an entertaining one :)



Simply said, I love my friends. (Dania there was a pic of you but it just wouldn't work) I have other friends I love dearly that aren't in the pics. I just love that my friends are so caring and dear to me. They treat me so great. I have been blessed in my life to grow up with some of the best people ever. Because of my friends, I am the person I am today. They say, " A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you laughing at what you did" I would say, each of these people are true friends.




Simply said, I love going to dances.  These are a few pictures from the dances I have been to. I love dancing, I love boys, I don't really love dancing with boys. (Who does? No matter who you are with slow songs are awkward, unless they purposely make it awkward then it's just fun) Dates are so fun. I just feel so good when I am on a date. (I also am craving a date, it's been awhile)



Simply said, I love running. It's good for my soul, and my body. It has taught me a lot and it has changed my life. 2 half marathons down, many more to go. Maybe someday I will even conquer a marathon. But for now, I will stick to another season of XC. 

Simply said, I love high school. Whaaat? Gasp?! I love high school?! Yep. You got that. I love high school, especially Timpview. I am not the type to countdown to graduation or think I am too cool for it. In reality, I love it. There is so much to be involved in. Bring in on 2012. We got this. 





Simply said, and not all so simply pictured, I love food. I love babies. I love history. I love music. I love talking. I love being around the people I love. I love naps. I love quotes. I love movies. I love my computer. I love sandwiches. I love blue powerade (especially from the fountain!) I love crazy cores. I really love candy. I love home. I love Utah. Oh and I love Oz.



But mostly, in the simplest way I know, I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love everything about it. I love our Prophet, as I do previous latter prophets and the prophets of old. I love the way the gospel has changed my life. The gospel is my anchor. It is my happiness. It is my purpose in life. It is my life. I love our Savior, Jesus Christ. We cannot even begin to comprehend the love he has for us. My seminary teacher once said "No one in the world will be able to love you the way The Lord loves you, so why put anybody else first?" That changed me. I love that the gospel is in my life today. I love that it changes me daily for the better. I love that no matter who you are-- black, white, asian, male, female, skinny as a twig, fat as a horse, talented, coordinated, or not so much, 4.5 or 99-- we can turn to the gospel.  I am eternally grateful that I was raised in a Latter Day Saint home. I love the temple and the feeling it gives me.  I love the gospel. I really do. 


PS. Expect lots of thoughts on love this week, I have a lot to say and think about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment