Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Different Take


Sometimes in life, we as humans complain about the blessings in our lives. I do this all the time. I discovered this as I was waiting in line during lunch today.

The line was clear out the door. I had to go take pictures of book club, I was hungry. I wanted my food. Patience Mayson. Patience. Right? Then I thought to myself, wow, we have a lunchroom full of kids who get to eat lunch today. I am glad that there are a lot of people in front of me who get to eat too. About half the world, gets hardly a meal a day. I can wait 5 minutes for my food instead of waiting days.

At times I complain about having to go to school. I don't feel like going, I don't want to study. I never stop to think of how many wish they had a nice building they could go to and learn, get an education. I get to learn, grow and develop.

I complain about not having a dishwasher. I see a sink full of plates, pots, pans, spoons, forks, knifes. I dread doing them. Do I not realize how fortunate I am to have a family, to have a home, to have shelter, to have food. People all over the world do not have these luxuries I have.

I complain about how ugly my house is. There are millions over the world who don't have a house at all. Why complain about what mine looks like? I am blessed to have a place to call home.

I complain about babysitting my children. I don't want to deal with them. When I understand what it is like to yearn for a child so much. I know how much it hurts to want a kid. I understand that pain. I also, never take into consideration, what some people would give anything, to have the life I have. Adoption worked for me. Thousands wait, for years sometimes, to get their kids, many never get one. We waited 6 weeks, and within 15 months, we had three.

This list could go on for hours.

Sometimes we complain about our lives. We complain that not every tiny little thing isn't easy, convenient, and perfect. Take a step back. Look at the blessings in your life. Look at what God has given you. You might find yourself saying, "Wow, my life really isn't all that bad"



Photo Credit

1 comment:

  1. So funny story.
    But not really.
    I love the picture in this. I have seen it and thought I might have used it in my blog.
    So i checked my blog...
    it wasn't there.
    I may be going crazy.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete