Sunday, December 26, 2010

Love Vigilantes, Thank You Iron and Wine.

I have a new favorite song. My friend showed it to me last year, but I didn't like it that much. Then I was listening to Pandora and a flood of memories came back, the song came on. It's such a sad song, it really is, but I like it a whole lot. 

Oh, I've just come from the land of the sun
From a war that must be won in the name of truth
With our soldiers so brave, your freedom we will save
With our rifles and grenades and some help from God

You just can't believe the joy I did receive
When I finally got my leave and I was going home
Oh, I flew through the sky and my convictions could not lie
For my country I would die and I will see it soon

When I walked through the door my wife she laid upon the floor
And with tears her eyes did soar, I did not know why
Then I looked into her hand and I saw the telegram
Said that I was a brave, brave man but that I was dead

I want to see my family
My wife and child are waiting for m
I've got to go home
I've been so alone, you see

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE your new blog look. it's pretty much adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie, I couldn't have done it without your help. :)

    ReplyDelete