Monday, December 6, 2010

i feel like i've seen a ghost

"The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be . . . so take it for what it is and live it up."



I love this. I look at me doing this all the time.

Don't we all find ourselves saying, "Life was so good when. . ."

I do this almost daily.

Until I talked to Bronwen for a good, LONG time, about a LOT of things.

I didn't enjoy that portion of my life. I was miserable. But unfortunately I have been the type of person to always see the grass GREENER on the other side. But I am done with that.

The present isn't as bad as I make it out to be.

I have a bed to sleep in, food to eat, people who love me, people I love, the Gospel. I am a fortunate girl. I feel very blessed.

I should not WORRY so much about the future. Everything that happens, happens for a reason. Everything will be OK. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment