Saturday, March 5, 2011

my walkie talkie.

8 years ago, we got a phone call telling us that Walker was about to be born. My mom and dad packed up as soon as they could, and before it they were off to California.


By 9:30 am, March 6th, little Walker was in my parents hands.  I had to wait, with loads of anticipation to see my baby brother. Most wait a few hours, I had to wait a week. That is how adoption in California works. 


This is the kid who saved our lives. 


From that day on, I have been forever changed.

Walker is the best kid ever.  I feel like the luckiest girl ever to be able to spend every day with such a talented, nice, good looking little boy. As I watch him grow, I realize how hard it will be to be a parent. 8 years already? I remember the phone call like it was yesterday. I remember holding the little baby in my arms and realizing, he was
ours. I finally had a little brother. I learned that the Lord doesn't always work the way we want to. 


Sometimes I think of little Cannon who never got to come to this earth. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if we did have him and if my mom were able to have kids of her own. What would Cannon be like? 


I truly believe a little bit of Cannon is in Walker, Maddox and Warner. But I also truly believe that Cannon had to die to be able to fulfill our family completely. Cannon would have been born in July. Walker was born in March. If Cannon was born, I never would have the opportunity to have the best kids ever in my life. 


My message to you is never doubt the Lord's ways. 


Here is Walker, the kid who saved us. 


hahaha, always happy. 

Always been a detailed little worker. 




Stud-freaking-muffin

He has laid like that for ever. Always has the arms up. 


Sadly, my internet sucks, and my computer was full of space so my mom stored all the baby pictures on a hard drive, so this is what you get. Isn't it weird? You never would have guessed he is adopted. He looks just like Tanner! He is 8. That means he will be getting baptized soon. My little boy is going to get baptized? Ok, although we are waiting until August-- (He insists on having Tanner baptize him, their relationship makes me want to cry, it is the cutest thing ever, and I insist on being there. So since Tanner gets home in June and I get home in August, we must wait forever.) But still, he isn't big enough to make such a decision!! But I am proud of him. He will go far in life. 

I love you Walker, always and forever

1 comment:

  1. i love that you are so close to your siblings. it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete