Thursday, April 7, 2011

super human good looks, always had it-- born with it!

Math confuses me, so I decided to blog instead. 

One more day Mayson. You have one more day until spring break. You got this. You can do it.

Then it is the week of Prom. That's strange. This is one of the things I have dreamed about my whole life, and it is in two weeks? It doesn't seem real. I have a dress, a date, but still. . . it's prom. And then it will be over, another story I have to tell, another dance I have been to, and another thing off of my list of things I would like to do with my life. Call me a girl, but most the things on this list have to do with boys. (or education hahaha. For example first kiss, first date, prom, graduating, marriage, graduating college, having kids, I mean, come on I have a very weird theme of my life here, it's called I'm clearly a girl) Pretty soon, more and more things will be crossed off this list. And then what? I will refer to my new favorite movie "Tangled" that's what's so great, you find a new dream.  

After Prom (which don't ask me how I feel about it, depends on the exact minute of the day), there is elections week. A year ago, I decided that I was going to run for student body president. All year I have tried to make friends with freshmen, going to different activities and meeting new people. But it comes down to this one week. Let's be real here, everyone running is qualified. Everyone running is super great, and everyone running is my friend. So-- I am nervous as heck. There is no obvious winner. The results will be a surprise to everyone I think. Part of me says, "Why not run for something else? You are running against Christian Garrett, Eric Sheffield and Ali Harrison, three of the nicest people at out school." But over and over again, I have debated with myself. I have decided I will regret not running if I don't. If I win, I am the happiest girl. If I don't hopefully I will get appointed. If I don't get appointed, it's just high school and yearbook will be fun anyway. We'll see. I hope it works out. If not, I have decided now, it is not the Lord's way. 

Then one last stressful busy awful thing to think about. Half marathon May 7. What the heck was I thinking? I do that. Finish school. And leave to Maryland June 1. 

Despite everything I complain about, and despite how worried and stressed I am, I have a good life, and I am a very lucky girl. 

1 comment:

  1. are you kidding me? You ARE one of the nicest people at our school!

    ReplyDelete