Sunday, April 10, 2011

oh it is wonderful to me.

Today at church, Dania, Shannon and I were talking about Titanic. Dania said, "It's a good play, but you don't take home anything with it-- except sadness and history" At the time, I agreed. But the more and more I think about it, the more I realized what I took home.

"All things that are unfair about life can be made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ" - Preach My Gospel

That quote keeps coming to mind. The Titanic has always been one of the most fascinating events in history to me. Here you have the largest moving thing on the earth at the time, thousands of people excited to go on board, a ship that is "unsinkable", and within hours, it sinks to the ocean floor because of a giant mass of ice in the middle of the ocean.  People said "God himself can't sink this ship" People underestimated the power of our Heavenly Father. And what did God do about that? He sunk the ship. But yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about how unfair it was that the rich got to live. Not because of the stupid class system, that's one thing, but they are the ones who most likely forsook God. They are the ones who thought themselves better, higher then the one supreme being in the universe, and they lived.

After the play, Amanda and I started talking about the unfair things of this world. The holocaust, Rwandan genocide, human trafficking, all horrific things, and we questioned tragedies and why God allows them.  It's part of life, I suppose.

The birth, life and death of Jesus Christ is the most important thing in the history of the world. Through his atonement, sins can be made clean. I know that. But the atonement is much more than that. All of our sorrows, sicknesses, anything unfair, anything incorrect, anything imperfect can be perfected through Christ. "Trust in the Lord and believe in good things to come."

That's what I took home from the Titanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment