Sunday, February 6, 2011

Life's About Understanding

My cousin Ellen and I share a love of the band "The Script", she showed me their new album. As I listened to a selection of their songs, I discovered a mutual feeling in all of them- - he had lost someone, missed them, and wanted them back. The best feeling in the world is to not feel that way at all. The best feeling in the world is knowing those stupid "pity-party" songs do not relate to me in any way shape or form. The reason I love that is because once upon a time, I lived off those songs. 

But that's not happiness.

Understanding that the choices we made a year ago would effect this year so significantly is a good thing, and understanding things happen for a reason is key to pleasure.  Understanding, I am okay and will be okay is the greatest thing. Understanding, that I am so beyond happy with life right now, that's a good conclusion to come to.

"I couldn't be happier,  though it is I admit, the tiniest bit, unlike I anticipated. But I couldn't be happier, simply couldn't be happier, well not simply. . . 'cause getting your dreams, it's strange but it seems a little well, complicated. There's a kinda a sorta- - cost. There's a couple of things get - - lost. There are bridges you crossed you didn't know you crossed until you crossed.  Who wouldn't be happier? Because happy is what happens when all your dreams come true, well isn't it? Happy is what happens when your dreams come true." 

Isn't it? I love how the happy, perky, Glinda (the Ga is silent!) questions what happiness is. 

Happiness is all about understanding.

Understanding the Lord's timing is crucial to our lives. Understanding why he lets hard things happen makes us who we are. Life is all about learning to understand.

"When you are compelled to give up something, or when things that are dear to you are withdrawn from you, know this is your lesson to be learned right now. But know also, that as you are learning this lesson, God wants to give you something better"- Elder Busche

And he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment