Thursday, February 10, 2011

Becoming the Change


"Be the change you wish you see in the world"- Ghandi

I have read, and pondered such a quote for a long time. 10 words that I believe will change my life; they already have. 

Everyone has their sayings, mottos whatever. Tanna Gledhill's is "Your time will come", Anita Hill's is "The Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives" Shauna Miller's is "Don't let anyone and anything change who you are or who you want to be".Brother Olivas' is "All things that are unfair about life can be made up through the atonement of Jesus Christ" These are things that people say over and over again,  and I have found much comfort, help and guidance from these sayings.

BE THE CHANGE. Although I am no rhetorical, inspiring genius myself, I am sure Ghandi wouldn't mind if I stole his first three words as my life motto. 

Be it. When hard things come your way, become that challenge. Becoming our challenges will lead to overcoming our challenges. Don't let it take over you and control your life, be it, go with it. The Lord is there and you shall be made whole.


When things bother us, when we want to see change, we need to be it. I remember I was at Op Smile canp and this girl talked about how much she hated seeing garbage on the ground. She said "Instead of being angry like I used to be,  I decided I would pick it up instead" She became the change. We must know what needs to be changed in life in order to become it.

When we find ourselves off the path, the only way to come back is to be the change we wish to see in ourselves, be the change that our Heavenly Father wants us to be. Life isn't about wandering from one road to the other, it is about trying our hardest to stay a magnet to the straight and narrow, When we are overcome by the natural man, Christ gives us the nudges we need to find our pathway. Through him, we are made whole.

BE THE CHANGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment