Friday, November 12, 2010

The Tree and a Little Walkway


I saw a tree and it reminded me of you.

You know this tree.

You remember.
I was picking off the leaves, and berries, throwing them, angry.

It was spring.

You were concerned, you cared, at the moment.

Moments later, you drowned.

And then it was over.

So when I saw the tree I thought of you.

Then I drove a little more.

I saw a wall, a little walkway and I thought of you.

You know this place.

You remember.

You held my hand and I loved that moment. Its truly one one of my favorite memories.

That was when you cared, so much. That's when I cared.

Back to the tree, I drove by again. This time, I took the time to notice the tree was dead.

The leaves were mostly gone, and the berries on the ground.

We are the tree.

And now that we are dead, I will find someone new for the spring season.

Winter is here, and when spring comes, I will not bloom for you.

"Stupid girl, I should have known. . . "




1 comment:

  1. Mayson, we will do this without them. Survive and thrive.

    ReplyDelete