Sunday, May 13, 2012

i always reminisce

For the next 10 days I will be posting my top 10 favorite memories of high school.

#10. My 16th Birthday Party

We were at Lydia's watching "The Six Sense" when Lydia wanted to go to Henry Lee's house so badly to get donuts. It was so dumb, and I wanted to watch that movie so badly. I tried to convince them to leave without me but they insisted on going. On the way there, Lydia insisted that she HAD to go to the bathroom at my house which naturally made me have to go. So we got inside and I booked it upstairs to go to the bathroom.

Turns out, there were 85 people waiting for me to arrive in my kitchen. 

It was a surprise birthday party on Halloween. Everyone and their dog was there. (Including people I didn't know but eventually became super close with. Such as Travis James Tyler and Jake Knell). I remember I walked into my kitchen and saw the dreamiest boy ever standing there. I walked out, breathed for a second and uttered to myself, "Don't freak out, Bentley Wilson is in your kitchen"

I remember feeling overwhelmed by how many people celebrated with me for my birthday.

It was a huge success and I'm so grateful to my mom and friends for planning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment