Wednesday, May 9, 2012

at first sight, and it's real

Sick as a dog, November 10, 2011, I remember bawling to Josh Burr that I couldn't get through the day. It had been 12 hours already in Mr. Sutherland's office with more to come. I walked into the Thunderdome to set up for Veterna's day,  Baker took one look at me and told me to go home. But I couldn't. I had more to do. I skipped school the next day, missed the assembly I planned, and somehow made it to play practice that evening.

Whether it was watching "Being Elmo" or singing Millie with Heather, peeing pants and singing like a man with Gabby, or hearing Jonathan's selection of music, I somewhat enjoyed deadline days because it meant I was closer to finishing the biggest accomplishment of my small life of 18 years.

We played "The Final Countdown" and counted down until I would submit the final of 240 pages. It was done. The yearbook was done and I was the happiest person in the world. 

When  Sutherland handed me the pocket knife to open the box, I was shaking. Nerves and excitement filled my body. It was here.

My book. It came

And just like November 10, 2011-- my first deadline-- I cried. I was so proud of the accomplishment of my staff, overjoyed with the success.

I did it.


No comments:

Post a Comment