Thursday, September 2, 2010

I love XC

The Hyrum stretch, classic

Honestly, I just love Cross Country. I do. I can't explain it. I just can't. People ask me why I do it. I never know what to say. I don't have this passion for running. I have come to love it, but it didn't start that way. Words cannot explain why. The people are great. I feel a lot of progress in myself. It is such a great environment. My favorite is running to the river to ice. Oh man, I love doing that. It is a simple easy run, and you get to jump in a river. What fun? I used to hate nature. But when I am at XC all I can hope for is to come back somewhat muddy, take my shoes off in the wet grass, and enjoy the dirty water all over my body. Gosh, the people at XC make my day a better day. They honestly do. All of them. Male, female, coach, dragonfly. Whatever it may be. I have another race tomorrow. I love racing. Not physically doing it. But it is the feeling. A feeling that I accomplished something great. A feeling that I am worth something. A feeling of support, trust, and strength. A feeling I can't describe until you do it.

Basically, the best decision I have made all my years at Timpview was joining cross country. I'd do it if I were you. It will not be easy, but it will be worth it.

winners never quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment