Sunday, March 11, 2012

when i grow up

Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, that turned my life into one long night seven times sealed.
Never shall I forget the smoke. 
Never shalI forget the small faces of the children whose bodies I saw transformed into smoke under a silent sky.
Never shall I forget those flames that consumed my faith forever. 
Never shall I forget the nocturnal silence that deprived me for all eternity of the desire to live. 
Never shall I forget those moments that murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to ashes. Never shall I forget these things, ever were I condemned to lie as long as God Himself. 
Never. 
-Elie Wiesel, Night


I cannot wait to be an English teacher. 



(I read The Giver as well this past week. Completely different type of book. I loved them both.)

No comments:

Post a Comment