Monday, March 26, 2012

losing my mind, losing control

Let me tell you a story,

I was driving with my little sister to Yogurtland. We came to a stop light. I was sitting there thinking about the book on dating that Mady is going to give me. I wasn't texting. I wasn't talking on the phone. Simply thinking.  The cars next to me started going, so I did. Yep, you got it, I ran completely through a red light. Let me tell you. the shame and the embarrassment I felt was to the max. I was some loser car who just was going through a completely red light.

So why do I tell you this story?

It sure isn't to tell you that I am a bad driver. I will be the first to admit that I can't park my 59ft truck. I turn my blinker on 5 miles too early and sometimes I run over the curb. I am 89.99% of the time a too cautious driver. Sometimes I space out, but I don't text while driving, I try not to talk on the phone, I sit way too close to the steering wheel so I can be sure to sit straight up and pay attention.

I'll tell you why I told you this.

Sometimes in life, we go through these phases where we're just in a daze. We run the emotional, physical, spiritual stop lights. We don't pay attention to the things surrounding us. We just drive by without thinking. We go through our days living but not living. We aren't careful, we really aren't anything. We're just driving.

So wake up and realize where you are because guess what sweetie, the light isn't green yet. You're time will come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment