Friday, September 16, 2011

when you try your best

In the scriptures it reads, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens" 

So maybe it's not my cross country season. Last year, I gained so much from my season. I learned a lot about myself, and my abilities. Last season, each week I would get consecutively better, I would PR, I would feel great.  Maybe it was my time for that last year.

But here's the thing: I coudn't train this summer like I did last summer, I lost two valuable months. Instead it was my season to go to Maryland, where I also learned about myself and my abilities. I'm busy with student government and yearbook. I will be starting play practice on Tuesday, I have missed XC for some reasons or another.

The point is: it's my season for other things. It's time to grow in other places. I never intended to be the best runner on the team, I only intended to become better. However, comparing times from last year, seeing how much I haven't improved, it only get's me down. I'm becoming someone better by the other things I have been and will continue to do.

Sometimes we're our biggest fear because we don't know ourselves as well as we think. That's where faith and trust in the Lord comes in. We can only learn so much about ourselves in a small amount of time. Believe in his timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment