Sunday, August 15, 2010

wise words...

As I read McKann's blog I found this statement:

"There are so many little things that go on in our lives at this age that seem like such a huge deal in the moment. But, in 10 years, or maybe even a few months, they are going to seem silly and we will wonder why we wasted our time worrying about it. I suppose we just have to worry about some of the little things because they, in turn, give us experience to deal with the bigger things that are only sure to come in the future."

If I ever am lost in this crazy world I live in, I feel like McKann knows what to say. Sometimes I go to her, and ask her for advice on what to do, and what not to do. She always helps me find my way. Sometimes I just quietly read her blog, or reflect upon things she has said to me. Sometimes I just ask myself "What would McKann do?"

But the point isn't how great McKann is, or how wonderful she is at giving advice and being a friend. The point is she is right. Sometimes I waste so much time worrying, constantly worrying, trying to fix the most broken parts of my life. But as I read this, I felt at peace. It is okay to worry. It is okay to feel stress about the small facts of our lives. As I worry I feel that I am becoming more and more prepared for what is to come next.

Although I feel like I am quoting a wise old man, or the prophet or something, I am quoting one of my truest and best friends I have, "I suppose we just have to worry about some of the little things because they, in turn, give us experience to deal with the bigger things that are only sure to come in the future"

(PS. I love you McKann)

1 comment: