Sunday, February 12, 2012

felt so lonely in your company


There I was, tapping again. It's this habit I have formed when I feel uncomfortable. How peculiar, I thought, I was in a room full of faces that used to be familiar. Conversations happened, but all I heard was noise. I did want to add to that awful sound. But it kept building and building. More, more, more, more, more, more. I screamed. On the inside,  of course. In that vision, everyone stared. The room froze. Suddenly, there I was in the middle of a room, everyone wanting me to say something, and I had nothing to add, nothing to offer. Silence. But it ended. No one was staring, no one was looking. I just blended. Invisible at best.


Isolated: to set or place apart; detach or separate so as to be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment